I am so excited. Eversince I talked to my ex-officemate about her dog which will give birth this September, I could not stop thinking and wishing that it will be December already.
Originally, I plan to get the dog for my niece MJ for her birthday, but as I get to know the dog, I am slowly considering to just share him/her with MJ. This is the first time I got so excited about the idea of having my own dog. Or taking care of a dog. In the past, we had house dogs, but I seldom take care of them personally. But this time, it is different, I really can't wait. Last night, I couldn't even sleep and I just spent the night imagining how I would take care of him/her.
I guess this is God's answer to my prayer before that He renews my life, that he revitalizes it. Slowly, I feel like my life is being given a new lease. I will start in my new job in October, and hopefully have my own golden retriever by December.
Here is the photo of the mommy of the golden retriever I will get.
Here are some interesting information about golden retriever:
- They possess a friendly, eager-to-please demeanor,
- The temperament of the Golden Retriever is a hallmark of the breed and is described in the standard as "kindly, friendly and confident"
- They are not "one man dogs" and are generally equally amiable with both strangers and those familiar to them.
- The typical Golden Retriever is calm, naturally intelligent and biddable, with an exceptional eagerness to please.
- Golden Retrievers are also noted for their intelligence.
- These dogs are also renowned for their patience with children.
- Golden Retrievers are compatible with children and adults and are good with other dogs, cats and most livestock.
- Golden Retrievers are particularly valued for their high level of sociability towards people, calmness, and willingness to learn.
- They are friendly and tend to learn tricks easily.
- They are also known to become excellent surrogate mothers to different species. Kittens and even tiger cubs from zoos are well taken care of by golden retrievers.