Sunday, September 13, 2009

A Man's Bestfriend

I am so excited. Eversince I talked to my ex-officemate about her dog which will give birth this September, I could not stop thinking and wishing that it will be December already.

Originally, I plan to get the dog for my niece MJ for her birthday, but as I get to know the dog, I am slowly considering to just share him/her with MJ. This is the first time I got so excited about the idea of having my own dog. Or taking care of a dog. In the past, we had house dogs, but I seldom take care of them personally. But this time, it is different, I really can't wait. Last night, I couldn't even sleep and I just spent the night imagining how I would take care of him/her.

I guess this is God's answer to my prayer before that He renews my life, that he revitalizes it. Slowly, I feel like my life is being given a new lease. I will start in my new job in October, and hopefully have my own golden retriever by December.

Here is the photo of the mommy of the golden retriever I will get.

Here are some interesting information about golden retriever:
  • They possess a friendly, eager-to-please demeanor,
  • The temperament of the Golden Retriever is a hallmark of the breed and is described in the standard as "kindly, friendly and confident"
  • They are not "one man dogs" and are generally equally amiable with both strangers and those familiar to them.
  • The typical Golden Retriever is calm, naturally intelligent and biddable, with an exceptional eagerness to please.
  • Golden Retrievers are also noted for their intelligence. 
  • These dogs are also renowned for their patience with children.
  • Golden Retrievers are compatible with children and adults and are good with other dogs, cats and most livestock. 
  • Golden Retrievers are particularly valued for their high level of sociability towards people, calmness, and willingness to learn. 
  • They are friendly and tend to learn tricks easily. 
  • They are also known to become excellent surrogate mothers to different species. Kittens and even tiger cubs from zoos are well taken care of by golden retrievers.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Retriever

No comments:

Post a Comment